Tuesday, June 4, 2013

I Love The Way You Are Baby... "Day 1"

Day 1 - 8th. April 2013

Yet another wonderful trip to Bali, chocker block full of special moments, fantastic food, excellent accommodation and of course another opportunity to learn more about this beautiful island and it's special people.
Wow our experiences in Bali just keep getting better and better. 3 weeks for me this trip and a Fantastic time was had by all!





After an overindulgent trip that I took last September with a group of women, which was all about shopping and pampering for me, this time we had booked a few expeditions and classes to keep us busy. I couldn't wait to share it with my lovely family again but with additions this time :0)

The Cast - Myself, Rob (husband), Pam (sister-in-law), Luke (son), Darien (son), Maddie (D's girlfriend), Minnie (niece) and Matt (Min's boyfriend).

And the reason, Ahem, excuse for this one was for Darien's 18th. and my farewell to the 40's.
I thought being in Bali would be a sure fire way of making the transition painless and it was.
I had an absolute ball with little thought to the age factor, that is until I returned home and saw the photo's!
My god how often do I pull that face that makes me look like a zombie! (by the way Minnie didn't you promise to delete that one?).
I'm convinced I'm one of the least photogenic people on the planet but so there is a photographic record of me actually being on this trip I will only include the photo's of me taken from a distance or when I'm in shadows for everyone's sake.

The Comings and Goings - Me and all the younguns (6)  were to leave on the 8th.April with most of them heading home again after 11 nights. Daz was to do the old switcheroo with Rob at the Adelaide airport and Rob would hop on the same plane back to Bali.
Luke was to spend the whole 3 weeks with me and Pam was flying in from Melbourne for 2 wonderful weeks too.

Lenny Kravitz - Fly Away


For some reason Virgin now want you to check- in 3 hours before the flight instead of the 90 minutes it used to be, since they have upgraded their system....hmmm funny sort of an upgrade?
I always like to get there about a 1/2 hour before they say and it has always been worth it. A large crowd has often gathered behind us, so I think those few extra minutes do count.
We got chatting to the lovely check-in girl about the snorkeling we were hoping to do and how she was planning on doing the same... low and behold she offered us the exit row for all 6 of us! Yay I love that :0)
We wiled away the time with stocking up from duty free and a nice brekky in the airport bar. Which was all Minnie's idea.

                                                       Minnie in holiday mode already.


Deciding on what to have for our first holiday meal at Adelaide Airport



                                         
                                                                  High Excitement :0)




The flight it turned out was only a 1/3 full so we all got to spread out anyway and the time went quickly...specially as I had a very chatty guy seated in the same row. Gosh I learnt about his work history and his family history all with a slideshow to go along with it. Before he could get to his medical history I went to have a little lay down :0)

Then Bali Oh Bali ...I Love Ya! We were out of the terminal in under 20 min. I did look at my watch when we landed, to time how long we were in the terminal but forgot to check it again...can you blame me... I was back in Bali WooHooooo.
We had 2 cars waiting for us, a transfer from the Villa and our friend/driver Jack waiting to whisk us away to the very OoooLaLah Villa booked for our birthday bashes.
Very extravagant but hey "you only live once", "life is not a dress rehearsal", "you can't take it with ya" and I can give you more if you need further convincing :0)

Once again in the safe hands of 'Jacky Gorgeous' .
 A wonderful friend had given me this flashing '50' badge  at a beautiful birthday 'high tea' back home the previous day to kick the celebrations off!
Geez can't wait until the new road is finished, traffic near the large roundabout is a shocker but the photos of the completed road system and the new airport look brilliant and the ring road they are building over the water to service the traffic from Nusa Dua  ..wow! (I have been reading on TA that already traffic conditions have improved in this area)

Why as I write this do I keep receiving email notifications re International Flight Sales On Now!! Is someone out there trying to tell me something?

Minnie, Matt and I went with Jack as I wanted to stop and exchange some cash as did they.
Need those rupiah right from the start just in case anything catches my eye and Jl Raya Seminyak what a fantastic Jalan...so many shops and so little time!

We found our, not too shabby digs with no trouble at all. Just down a little gang 2 minutes walk from Bodyworks Spa in Seminyak.
Ahhhh Villa Maharaj what wonderful memories we will always have of you.




                                                 The 2 room/ 2 bathroom bungalow - M+M's and Luke's
The 2 master suites My room is behind the hammock and D+M's is upstairs

                                               The stairs leading to Daz and Maddies room
                                          Wonderful stone carving and very comfortable chairs


There were 5, I think staff members to greet us on arrival including the Manager and Antonio the 'meet and greet guy' from the local office.
He gave us the grand tour and supplied us with a welcome 'goodies bag' and his card in case of any problems. All the while I was being handed sandwiches and beverages by other staff members. I'm pretty sure it was the wonderful Putra who was there supplying all of these but to be honest my mind was just in a whirl.
Wow the place was BeeeeaUUUtiful...Matt said he couldn't believe it was all for just us...Oh Yeah! It was going to be a couple of very memorable birthdays woohoo.

We settled in and cracked open a couple of duty free's which the staff rallied around, wanting to know what our preferences were and how to make them!

A note I found hanging in the kitchen from Putra to the rest of the staff.
I just had to take it as a memento when we were checking out.
Btw under Ibuknya (me) that isn't 6 beer but a G for ginger :0)

We found the staff always waiting in the wings here and often felt guilty as they wanted something to do for us and we couldn't always provide. Goodness every time I went to the loo I would return to find my room had been tidied and the loo paper had once again been folded in a neat little triangle!

                                         Waiting for the girls to get ready for dinner doesn't always have to be hard.

Our thoughts eventually turned to food as they do and it wasn't by mistake that our Villa was a stones throw from Eat Street!
I had a couple of restaurant ideas I was thinking of giving a go (thanks again TA members) that were a bit budget friendly for the kids wallets but Luke convinced us to go for a walk with one of his faves Wah Wah Burger in mind. I suggested maybe Sea Circus which we hadn't ever tried but it was packed...so Wah Wah it was and it truly never disappoints.





 
                           The disembodied arm is mine..not keen to get in another shot after the zombie one!

Wonderful meals all round and when some of us looked like flagging from the long exciting day, a round of Espresso Martini's were ordered which definitely did the trick. Wow what a pick me up! Eventually got the recipe for them too hehe....

The rain started to come down during our meal and the guys opted to walk home in it! Definitely a guy thing to do me thinks...it was pouring! Us ladies opted for a cab... Luke did apparently go for a bit of  a tumble on some wet pebbles but no harm done. They returned home soaked to the skin but full of smiles and then just jumped in the pool...ahhh Bali :0)

soaked to the skin and looking very happy about it :0)




With the kids splashing around in the pool I toddled off to my lonely, beautiful, turned down, mosquito netted bed . As usual I was wishing Rob was there to share in the experience.... but soon.

A picture of D+M's bed . The pictures of my room I can't find ..where's my IT guy?

Travellers tummy hit me at midnight ...What after only one meal...geez! Out came the trusted Travelan and all was good (absolutely swear by the stuff).

Selamat Tidur teman teman saya :0)


No comments:

Post a Comment